Curriculum Design and Implementation Guidance Leadership Meetings
In order to provide equitable learning environments for all students, it is important for schools and districts to translate the Kentucky Academic Standards into a guaranteed and viable curriculum. The regional educational cooperatives, in partnership with the Kentucky Department of Education, will host meetings in March for district and school leaders to examine a process for developing standards-aligned curriculum at the local level.
The meetings will focus on building an understanding of the role of standards, curriculum and instructional resources, components of a curriculum development process as outlined in the revised "Model Curriculum Framework" and the toolkit of supporting resources. The session also will include an update on additional new resources available to support standards implementation.
Dates and Locations
Click on the date to learn more and register for the 3-hour session of your choice. Additional dates and locations to reflect meetings in partnership with all Kentucky educational cooperatives are still being finalized and will be made available as soon as possible.
- March 4: London, Southeast/South-Central Educational Cooperative
- March 5: Hazard, Kentucky Valley Education Cooperative
- March 11: Ashland, Kentucky Educational Development Corporation
- March 17: Murray, West Kentucky Educational Cooperative
- March 18: Bowling Green, Green River Regional Educational Cooperative
- March 31: Florence, Northern Kentucky Cooperative for Educational Services
To sign up for the Standards Newsletter, please visit KYstandards.org and enter your information at the bottom of the homepage.
Published on February 19, 2020